Saturday, March 21, 2009

Location, Location, Location!!!

When we decided to leave, I couldn't be more excited. I immediately started to look into different locations. I remember being so obsessed with it. I asked countless people about hijrah destinations, I joined countless e-groups and forums (Muhajir, Hijrah.net and sisters4hijrah to name a few). I finally, after several months narrowed it down, in my mind anyway, to 3 locations. Sharjah, UAE; Cairo, Egypt; and Da Gambia, West Africa.

I should mention that all the stress and obsession was mine alone. My husband on the other hand was like, "Allah is sufficient and he has control over every situation. Wherever we are meant to be, has already been written." I'm like you are absolutely right, sweetie. So I'll only stay up all night researching 5 days a week instead of 7. I needed information and I needed it now. I actually had the opportunity to speak with a few families in each location and gather some info from the horse's mouths, so to speak.

Notice I said that in MY mind we would be going to one of these places. The next few posts will consist of the info I gathered and the pros and cons of each place. In the end, my husband was right and Allah, the best of planners had it already all figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment