Monday, April 6, 2009

Side Note: Thulumah....





















































Subhana'Allah! I was going through some old disks with photos on them and I found pics of Thulumah... Allahu Akbar, I had such a great time and the memories all came back to me seeing the pics so I just had blog it now instead of later.


So I am in yemen and I am talking to a friend of mine complaining about not being able to swim and being tortured by the kids, having to watch them swim in the beautiful blue Arabian Sea, while I stand there. She told that a few times a year, her and the women of her family pack some food and drink and head for Thulumah, a secluded beach outside of Mukalla.

Really!?


So, one day we have some house guests and I suggest tha we find this hidden treasure. My husband calls the sister's cousin who knows the way, and we load up the kids and guests and head out. It was lovelier than I expected. Below are the photos I found of the excursion. We headed out after fajr and stayed until maghrib. Next time, I would love to bring a tent.
** Okay, I wasn't able to figure out how to order the pics or put the words in between so bear with that and enjoy the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment